A little girl and her trike

Everytime Elora sees someone on a bike, she asks me "where's my bike?"  When I explain to her that she does not own a bike,  or that we don’t have one,  her level of disappointment varies...sometimes a pout, sometimes big tears. I tell her we will get her one soon and that usually helps until the next time she sees someone on a bike… and we have the conversation all over again.

I figured I’d see one at garage sale this summer and pick it up, but yesterday I drove by Once Upon a Child and decided to stop in and check.. I found for this one for $8. Her feet don't quite reach the pedals so she scoots more than she rides...but she's very happy just the same.  This evening at dinner she asked me “where’s my bike, Mama?”  It was nice to be able to answer “its in the backyard, where you left it” 100_2034  

100_2094

100_2093

No comments: